Saturday, March 28, 2020

What Day Is It?

I have lost track of the days since the stay-at-home order removed all of my weekly activities that help me keep on top of things.  It's a good thing I get the newspaper so it can tell me the day when I bring it in of a morning.

Today it rained, drizzled, and misted.  A day guaranteed to wring out any desire to bustle around, for me anyway, 





so I fired up my Kindle and started to read an ebook I got from the library.  That's what you do on rainy days, right?  You read books.  It's a good book so I kept reading until I was halfway through the book and the Kindle was down below 20% battery.  Oops.  Time to plug it in and go find something else to do.





I didn't want to start a new knitting project or pick up that pillow top so I got the car knitting warshrag bag from the pocket in the driver's door and finished it.  It's number 16 in the series,all the same pattern, but different yarn colors.  Tomorrow I'll go downstairs to find some yarn to start number 17 just in case we ever get to go anyplace again where I'll need to have emergency knitting.





This chipmunk figured out very quickly that the feeders were there for the taking.  It shinnied up to the peanut wreath and today it sat on the chair with its cheek pouches crammed full.  I waited for a hawk to swoop down but the chippie must have been afraid of that too because it hopped down and zoomed off right after I took this.  I watched a squirrel try to jump up onto the corn crook, get halfway, and slide back down to the ground about a dozen times before it lost hope and scampered away.  It was pretty funny.




28 March--Broken Promises.  I meant to, I really did, but it was too easy to go the other way.  I knew that Greg would be angry that I'd spent most of the rent money but I had to pay my tuition.  How would I stay in school otherwise?  I know I had promised to go down to the landlord with the rent money today.  We were late paying already and Mr. Lyons wasn't the most tolerant of men.  He'd already left a terse message on the machine and I wasn't fast enough to erase it.  Greg was mad that I'd used the rent to buy books.  "Textbooks," I said, "books I need for school."  "School isn't as important as rent," he yelled.  "What good are books if you have no place to live?"


I mastered technology today.  I figured out how to FaceTime with DS so I could visit with him, LC, and OJ.  I felt really smart for a minute--until the signal weakened and everything froze.  But we'll try again when I'm in the living room right by the router.  Next time.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

These are the times that try men's souls. Women's too!! I'm reading my old diaries from 20008 when Obama was elected and falling in love with him and Michelle all over again. Glad you've got a few backyard visitors but they're a poor substitute for your "assistants." When oh when will we ever be paroled?