Friday, March 27, 2020

I Didn't Rake

I meant to.  I thought about it. But I just didn't make it out the door today.  Maybe it was the thick overcast that kept the light low.  Or maybe it was being in the basement for about three hours cutting and sewing up three more masks and having my feet and hands freeze.  I'll get out there on the next sunny day, I promise.

I had already sewn the first mask (the one with laundry on it, upper right) when I found the reel of florist's wire (that I knew I had somewhere) on the bottom shelf right next to my sewing machine.  I had watched a YouTube video showing how to sew a wire into the seam allowance so I snipped a 4" section of wire, turned the ends so they didn't poke out, and sewed one in the second (flowers, bottom) and third (unicorns, upper left) masks.  I have four more cut out so I hope that my production speeds up with practice.  Next I have to find a place to donate them to.



In bird news, a cardinal came and then came back with a pal, but I only managed to get a photo of the pal.






Even though the calendar says it's spring I saw a junco today which is a bird that overwinters here.  If they haven't flown back to the Arctic yet I don't think we can claim that it's really spring.







Once my fingers warmed up a bit I finished March Preemie Hat #3.  It wasn't until I was almost done with it that I realized I skipped a purl round before starting the crown decreases so it's a little smaller than usual.  I figure it'll fit somebody's head.



27 March--Chogogo, Caribbean Flamingo.  The breeze chopped the sunlight into small pieces like confetti scattered on the water.  A lone flamingo stood staring down as if deciding whether there were brine shrimp to eat there or not.  Jack was sure that Manning hadn't sent him to the lake to look at a bird.  Manning never did anything unless there was profit in it.  Jack looked around for a note or a sign.  He found nothing.  Today's pointless errand made him even more determined to get his money back from Manning.  It galled him that Mona had been right all along.  He should never have invested in a get-rich-quick treasure hunting scheme.


And there you go, a plain old prompt, which actually happens to refer to a novel I'm working on but I dug out an Art Book this evening so I can go back to using art for my nightly prompt.  I'll still work from the Bonaire  planner, which is where last night's prompt came from.  I think it'll help me make some headway in that pesky manuscript that keeps picking at me and then not cooperating when I try to work on it.  Silly words.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I saw on line a way to make a mask out of a paper towel and rubber bands. Might try it today just to see if it works. Yours look perfect -- and so cheerful. Hope you find somewhere to donate them and I'm sure you will. Love that bright red cardinal. Puts the junco to shame. Apple pie is today's afternoon baking project. Roasted chicken yesterday. At least that isn't fattening.