Friday, July 6, 2018

Up Too Late Again

This is going to be short.  I woke up too early today (I'm tired of my bladder acting like an alarm clock) and had a very busy day, went to knitting, and now I need to blog to keep my streak going.

Lots of garden to see.  The "thanks for the tomato cages" tomatoes are growing in leaps and bounds,








there's a bell pepper on the plant,





carrrots are thick and plentiful,











not so the scallions.  Very few of the seeds germinated so I'm hoping they all make it.


 


For supper the last couple nights I've made myself a ramen noodle bowl with chicken breast, onions, bell peppers, and shredded carrots.  Yum--and only 7 points.  Makes a great supper.


July 6--Kazimir Severinovich Malevich, Complicated Anticipation.  The monk stared at the factory, a clash of antiquity and the modern age.  He prayed for the people toiling like swarming ants in the hot and noisy plant.  He also prayed for the fat-cat business owners who benefited from the sweat of the workers but never got their hands dirty, only soiled their eternal souls.

I'm determined to go to the Farmer's Market tomorrow morning with DS, LC, and OJ so I need to get to sleep.  I suspect there won't be any prompt writing tonight, in fact, I'm sure of that.
--Barbara

2 comments:

Aunt B said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aunt B said...

Short but sweet. And the tour of your garden spoke for itself. Glad nearly everything is flourishing -- well, except for the scallions. I plants a bunch of zinnia seeds a couple of years ago when we were still in Wilmington and nothing came of it. Sometimes they just don't "take" I guess.