Sunday, July 15, 2018

Hummmmm

 

This morning a little female hummingbird kept coming to the feeder and zooming away before I got the camera up and running.  But I finally managed to nab a couple shots.  I hope it keeps coming back



 


Look at these tomatoes ripen!  I picked two more to take to Durwood tomorrow.  He said the first two were good.  I'm sure they were, there's nothing like tomatoes picked in your own backyard.





The bee balm is starting to blossom which will also entice the hummingbirds to come visit.  I think it looks like red fireworks.






And one of the last fall lilies I got for a song on the closeout rack at Shopko has a flower on it.  The other ones have buds so I predict that there will be more lilies in my future.



 

Last night and today I knitted on the back of the Montparnasse Eco Cardi.  Last night I finished the increases for the bottom and today I started the slow decreases toward the shoulders.  I'm telling you, big yarn and big needles are the way to go when you've got as much acreage to cover as I do.


July 15--Henry Meynell Rheam, The Fairy Wood.  William caught the flicker of white out of the corner of his eye and stopped walking.  He peered into the woods thinking he had seen a whitetail deer but didn't hear any leaves rustle or twigs snap.  He saw movement under the trees and squinted to see better.  A woman dressed all in white stood in the dappled shade.  She looked over her shoulder and smiled as if to invite him to follow.  He stepped off the path into the cool shade to follow her and was never seen again.

I have absolutely no idea what happened to him.  I keep falling asleep long before anything exciting happens.  Sorry about that.  Tomorrow evening the free Aqua Fitness class starts at the pool about 2 blocks from here so KW and I are planning to go.  I'm looking forward to it.  Free!
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You're going to love that water fitness thing. I should be doing something like that every day in our pool but I've yet to take the plunge. At least Paul swims every day so it isn't as if the pool is just something to look at.