Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Butterflies Like Lantana

Okay, that does it.  I'm planting a lot more lantana next year.  I have some butterfly weed planted by the blueberries, the purple coneflowers are blooming, and the basket with my single lantana plant seems to be a butterfly hot spot.  Early this morning I saw this Monarch butterfly sipping nectar there.


In the afternoon there was an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail having a snack.  Need more lantana.  Hummingbirds like it too.  Need lots more.



 

This rabbit spent part of the morning on the step outside the patio door peering in at me and trying to nibble the fibers of the door mat.  What could it find to eat there?????


 

The Wisconsin 55s are starting to ripen.  Here's hoping that the chipmunks don't find them before I can pick a ripe one for Durwood to enjoy.





Speaking of Durwood, he's moving into his new studio at the assisted living facility tomorrow.  DS helped me move heavy things and assemble other things last night, which is why I didn't blog last night or write the prompt.  Too tired.  (thanks, DS, I really appreciate the help)  Today I moved the birdfeeders from the nursing home to outside his window in the garden at the new place and got his laundry all washed, dried, and the shirt facings ironed so it's easier for him to button them.  Man, I hope they can help him get back some of his leg strength so he can do a few things for himself.  It has to be very depressing to sit in a wheelchair day after day. Fingers crossed.



I made the first slipcover attempt this morning.  It's not bad but it isn't right so I'll recut and start over.  Good thing there's 6 yard of the fabric.  It occurred to me that I don't have to have everything finished and all ready for tomorrow's move.  I need to learn to give myself a break now and again.


Tomorrow will be busy again.  I need to turn in.  Can you believe that tomorrow is August 1?  Man, time sure flies when your life is crazy busy.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Love those butterfly shots. Fingers crossed all goes well with the big move today.