Monday, July 2, 2018

4 O'Clock Again!

Sheesh.  I don't know what's up with me.  I woke up to go to the bathroom at 4 o'clock, didn't look at any lights, didn't talk, barely opened my eyes, and do you think that my brain would stay turned off?  It would not.  This is probably Fate's retribution for bragging about how I "sleep the sleep of the innocent."  Evidently I inadvertently pissed off the Sandman.  (sorry, dude)  If I wake up at 4 o'clock tomorrow morning I'm going to scream.



The daisies started blooming today.  I went out to take their picture and saw dark spots on the biggest, most open one.  It was full of ants!  They were ringed around the center like horses at a round trough.  The other open daisy didn't have any ants.  I wonder what was special about that one...



Durwood's been complaining about the right-hand pockets of the lounge-type pants he wears.  He has a perpetually runny nose (thanks, lifelong allergies) so he's always taking a handkerchief out of his pocket and putting it back in.  He says it's hard to find the pockets.  I sewed a loop of cord on one as an experiment but that folded in so he couldn't feel it.  This morning I dug out some wide bias binding and sewed a strip onto each of the right-hand pockets to stiffen the edge, to make it easier to find.  He says it's working okay.  Still folds in but it's stiff enough that he can find the pocket.  Whew.


I added a few rounds to the Blues Anklet but I still have an inch to knit before it's time to start the toe decreases.  I hope this isn't one of those knitting black holes where you knit and knit and KNIT and get nowhere, before suddenly rocketing inches past where you're supposed to do something different.  I'm keeping my tape measure handy.


July 2--Edward Killingworth Johnson, Third Volume.  All I need is a cup of tea and a book.  It's nice if I'm sitting in a garden with masses of fragrant roses climbing a trellis and swarming over the pergola but I'm just as happy in a chair by a window on a cold or rainy day.

And that was all I eked out before sleep overtook me last night.  Not enough sleep, ended too early sleep, but sleep nevertheless.  I'm going to post this and see if I can't manage to sleep at least until daybreak tomorrow.  Wish me luck.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Too much on your mind. That's my diagnosis on your wakefulness. This too shall pass. All those ants on the pretty daisy made me feel itchy. Glad it was only one being attacked. I just ordered a big cross-stitch project that I plan to have finished by Christmas. While you're counting rows on your knitting, I'll be making tiny little x's.