Tuesday, July 24, 2018

If You Knit On Them...

 

... things get done.  Not that I finished anything big but I did manage to finish the Bodhi Leaf washcloth this afternoon.  It's kind of small and thin but I'm thinking maybe a good dunking will let the yarn bloom, puff the thing up a bit.



After supper I worked on the Montparnasse Eco Cardi back.  Lately purling has made my right wrist ache so I try to do no more than 4 rows, 2 knit and 2 purl, at a sitting.  Love the color, don't you?  It'll look just great with the gray and brown/gray sleeves and fronts.



 

Caught the sun peeking through the maple tree's leaves this morning.  Lately the sunrises, when I've been up for them, haven't been very colorful.


Today's big news is that Durwood can move to the assisted living facility a week from tomorrow so I spent most of today getting things organized and will probably spend the next few days following up.  Fingers crossed that this place works for him and he'll stay there a while.  Moving him once a month isn't very relaxing.

July 24--Joseph-Francois Ducq, Diana.  The leather strap of her quiver of arrows dug into her shoulder and chafed between her breasts as she ran into the forest.  Her bow fitted her hand as if it had grown there and she held it so that it didn't catch the low brush that grew in the open places.  She had been hunting since daybreak, leaving her warm bed before first light and heading out with her game bag slung around her waist.  Her brothers were too small to hunt and since their father had gone off to the war it fell to her to feed the family.  Mama and the boys tended the garden and Eli fished the streams.  It was Anna's job to bring home meat and she was good at it.

My mind has been running like a hamster on a wheel ever since I saw the assisted living place yesterday trying to figure out what furniture I can take from here and what I have to buy.  I'll find out tomorrow when I can start bringing things for the room, like a dresser and TV.  I hope to find a small kitchen table because Durwood is a kitchen table sitter so he'll be most comfortable if there's one in his new place.  I need to get in touch with the social worker at the nursing home to get the release paperwork rolling, drop off the application at assisted living, find out how to arrange transport, and make sure what he needs will be there next week.  Good thing I'm a good organizer.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Another mountain to climb. But I know you can do it and have everything in place when D moves to his new spot. Sounds like it'll be more like home for him and I'm so glad that worked out. Yes, you are a good organizer and I bet you have a very orderly list all ready to be checked off.