Saturday, July 28, 2018

These Days I'd Forget My Behind...

 

... if it wasn't tightly screwed on.  I remembered to put my bag o'chair into the back of the car for sitting and knitting this afternoon.  However it wasn't until I was about up to Brussels, roughly 20 miles from home, that I realized that I'd forgotten my KNITTING.  Sheesh.  So I called KS and asked her to toss a pair of size 5 needles and a skein of dishcloth cotton into her bag so I'd have something to knit in case the thrift store had disappointing yarn and the wrong size needles. (which it did)  Of course I also forgot that I always have a cloth bag with a dishcloth project in the driver's door pocket (the lime and purple one) so I wasn't completely out of knitting but I didn't remember that fact until I was about midway through this (variegated red) dishcloth.  I will be so very glad when Durwood's all settled.  Maybe then my brain will snap back into shape and I can turn back into something resembling myself.  Thanks, KS, for a lovely day of thrifting, lunching, knitting (with your yarn and needles), and talkingtalkingtalking.



It's a wonder that we could knit or talk with this view.  We tucked ourselves into a little park area at the Ellison Bay marina and boat launch that's hidden behind the Pioneer Store.  It is the perfect place to have a deli take-out lunch (curried chicken salad on a ciabata roll for me) and then while away the afternoon playing with sticks and string.





We met at around 10:30 at Bargains Unlimited in Sister Bay.  Here's what I left with:  6 yards of upholstery fabric for $18 that will be good for redoing those chairs I got at Goodwill yesterday (if I don't clean them up and decide that they'll do for now), a wooden dragon puzzle for the toy box for $3, and 2 silver spoons for a dime apiece.  I was hoping for some postcards but didn't see any and I didn't think to ask, besides it was crazy busy.

 

I got lucky this morning and the hummingbird sat still long enough for me to take a photo that isn't blurry.




 

Oh, another bird today.  I saw a loon swimming just off the beach this afternoon.  I'd heard it earlier but was surprised to see it in such a busy area.  They usually like it in quieter waters.  I know you can't really see it, it's the tiny black speck in the middle of the shot, but when I cropped it the image was way blurry so you'll just have to humor me and pretend you see it.



I didn't write the prompt last night.  Once again I stayed up too late the night before I wanted to be up early so I could leave early.  Maybe I'll write tonight.  Tomorrow the table and chairs get scrubbed and Old English-ed.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Sounds like a good day in Door County. Glad you got a little getaway.