Friday, March 4, 2016

What Color is Hope?

Hope is green.  How do I know that?  Look at what I saw when we got home from Door County the other afternoon.  These are daffodils, crocuses, and hyacinths poking their little green noses into the cold winter air.  (look closely, the hyacinths and crocuses are hard to see)  Flowers!  In my yard!  Oh, there really might be a spring at the end of this winter after all.

I don't have anything else to show you, none of my knitting is worth showing and I haven't sewed in weeks.  I didn't even take a picture of the fantabulous fish and veggies I made us for supper last night.  (Leave a comment and I'll send you the recipe if you'd like.)  It's a foolproof way to make any white-fleshed fish taste great, even the stuff that smells so fishy you can't imagine swallowing it.  Every time I make it I wonder why we don't make it more often because it's so delicious.  Yes, it's that kind of a one-pan meal.  A person could probably even serve it to guests and not have to apologize.  I don't know why it works but it does, every time.

As soon as I post this I'm going downstairs and start my annual "Sort & Organize" of my yarn and fabric.  This year I'm going to take the laptop along so that I can note on each yarn's Ravelry Stash entry where it is so I don't waste time/hours/days searching for something I know I have but can't for the life of me find.

Oh, and in the "I'm an idiot" Department, I just called Kindle Customer Service because the display on my Kindle was suddenly almost too dim to see.  Seems I had inadvertently dimmed it myself yesterday when I thought I was lowering the volume.  The tech was very polite and I was apologetic.  *head, desk*

March 4--R. Perron, FL Everglades.  The rush of wings made a sound like rain in the forest.  Jan watched the huge flock of white pelicans rise from the edge of the bay and wheel as one organism to the left past the dead pines left after the last hurricane.  She sat in the canoe with her paddle across the gunwales and drifted.  It was a bit cooler in the shade but it was buggy too.  She didn't think it was possible to slather or spray on enough DEET to keep them away.

Okay, here I go, into the dungeon, uh, basement to play with yarn--and start the wash.  Might as well flop wet clothes around while I'm down there, right?
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Yay for those little green noses bravely poking up to announce that Spring is on the way!!! I needed an uplifting photo and thought to get back to regular living today. Sad time in Winston but, as your little buds reminded me, life does go on! Thanks for your sweet email.