Tuesday, April 29, 2014

What To Do On A Rainy Day?

We are in the center of an enormous swirl of rain showers here in the Upper Midwest.  It's not pouring rain, it's just raining a bit, enough to be terribly annoying and keep us indoors most of the day, and for the rest of the week as well according to the weather guessers.  I stopped over to see Porter earlier and when put out for a potty stop she just glared up at the door as if to say, "hey, it's raining out here, you know I don't like rain."  I caved and let her in.  I'm such a soft touch.

This would be a perfect day to pile up on the couch with a video and my knitting and just wile away the day letting yarn slip through my fingers turning itself into something interesting.  I finished LC's burp cloth at work yesterday.  It's cotton, it'll wash up well, and it isn't too pretty to urp on.  I tore out the few rounds I had of May Bug #1 and made some headway on an accessory for May Bug #2 in between customers and before bed last night.  This is one of those yarns that I keep knitting on because I want to see what color comes next.  Just a few more rounds and a new color will come, just a few.  Knit faster!  (I just realized that it gives me great satisfaction to number things, i.e. Men's Chemo Hats and now May Bugs--must be my Germanic ancestors rearing up.)

April 29--Jean Baptiste Raphael Urbain Massard, The Burial of Atala.  

So hard to put young beauty
into the grave.
Such pain on all
faces except hers.
Even the Reaper
is sorry for his task
but the piper
must be paid.
~~~~~

Well, that was unsatisfying last night and it's no better today.  Sorry.  Only one more day of poems and then we're back to prose.  Goodbye, April!
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I hear you. I hate rainy days like that. Just rain and get it over with! At least it isn't snow.