Saturday, April 19, 2014

Might Be A Laze-ish Day

Or might not.  I need to bake the pie(s) for tomorrow's Easter feast and I need to finish the booties I plan to give LC for Easter, and I still haven't made the lentil soup I've had a hankering for, that might all get done today.  Well, some of it HAS to get done today, the soup can wait but only til tomorrow because then comes Monday which is a work day and I have to have lunch then, and then Durwood told me that Aldi has strawberries and pineapple on special this week so I probably should go there and get that for lunch fruit.  Yeah, I don't see any more of today being laze-ish, do you?

One of these days I'll figure out how to lay around and not do anything.  Maybe.  Probably not.  There are just too many things I want to do, like to do, to waste a day lolling around on the couch or zoned out in front of the TV.  I feel kind of guilty if I only watch TV, if I don't knit or crochet or something while I'm sitting there.  Seems like a waste of time to just sit and let the box entertain me.  Maybe I'll figure out how to do that--one of these days.  Anybody got any tips?

April 19--Michele da Verona--Madonna and Child with Saints Roch and Sebastian.  

Such a serious baby
is this Italian Jesus
with his dark curly hair
and little toga.
He blesses a trussed up
saint
while another sad man
looks on.
Did the baby Jesus
understand who he was?
Does anyone?
~~~~~

And that's it for me today.  The sun's out and the sky's blue, looks like a good day.  Time to pie, yarn, fruit, and soup.
--Barbara

3 comments:

Zoe Muzak said...

The box is an evil being designed to keep you on your butt. I avoid using it as much as I can. A person's memories and stories are so much better and (and there are more of them) when they don't use the box.

Unknown said...

I ALWAYS knit or try to crochet when I'm watching TV!! Sometimes I read...but I need the background noise of the TV to keep me from feeling too lonely!! Happy Easter!!

Aunt B said...

Sometimes you just need a lazy day. A little "S&S Time" (sit and stare!).