Friday, April 4, 2014

We've Got The Drear


As yesterday wore on the sky got grayer and in the afternoon rain and snow and sleet fell, just a little.  It stopped in the evening but now it's raining and sleeting.  See the pretty drips on the bare maple tree?  See the sleet on Beverly's windshield?  Gak.  I might go out later, well, I'll definitely go out to knitting unless the roads are too icy and treacherous but I might run an errand since we're out of fresh veggies (gasp!) except carrots which seem to be our fallback veggie.  I don't know why, I really like carrots and so does Durwood.

The weather system that crept in yesterday made my sinuses wake up and start production.  Just when I'd stopped taking Zycam for a cold the snot returns, but I'm not going to let it get me down.  I've Cheerio-ed, prune-d, banana-ed, and coffee-ed.  I've taken all my vitamins and pills plus an Aleve for my sore knitting arm.  I've stripped the bed, carried some frozen stuff down to the basement freezer, and brought the fresh sheets up.  Now as soon as I hit "publish" I'm off to Home Depot for some charcoal (which I will get help to lift into the cart, cross my heart) and to Festival for fresh veggies.  Or maybe I'll go to Woodman's, whichever.  Sound good?  I think so.  Durwood's got a bad backache so he's not coming along, he'll hold down the fort here and warm up some homemade asparagus soup he made for lunch, for me too.  Hmm, maybe I'll snag some crusty bread to dip in it...

April 4--India,  Standing Buddha offering Protection.  

He stands, hands outstretched,
I will protect you.
Serenity lives in his eyes
beaming out to encompass all.
Soft smiling lips
forgive Man's transgressions.
Red sandstone crumbled
at a touch,
no one protected
the Protector.

Here I go!  Vroom, vroom!
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I dreamed about you, Ann, Maralee and LC last night. Almost like a visit with you. Nice but then I woke up!