Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Now With Chipmunks

I looked out this morning to see Chester Chipmunk focused on cramming as much fallen birdseed into his cheek pouches as he possibly could.  They're so full I think they're dragging on the ground.  There was a robin sitting on the birdbath rim in a shaft of sunlight that was at just the right angle to make its bill look translucent but I wasn't fast enough with the camera to show you.  You'll have to take my word for it.  Durwood saw it too so he can testify if need be.

Yesterday afternoon it got quiet enough at work for me to start April Men's Chemo Hat #1 and I got pretty far, see?  I'm a big fan of this pattern, with the two colors changing every round it kind of pulls me through.  Last weekend I dug around downstairs gathering up all the "soft" yarn in solid colors, making it easy to find so I can just go down there, pick two colors and zoom.  You can choose team colors or favorite colors or what you've got laying around and it always looks good.

I'm still battling a stuffy head and am wondering if I've got a sinus infection.  If I'm not appreciably better by Friday I'll go see the doc.  Promise.  Stupid spring cold.

April 8--Petrus Christus, A Goldsmith in His Shop, Possibly Saint Eligius.

Weigh the pretty metal
in your brass scales,
light red hot coals
to melt gold in a crucible,
colored stones wink in candlelight.
Chains, beads, enamel, coral,
a Sultan's treasure
in a dim little room.
~~~~~

Hey, today's my baby brothers' 58th birthday.  Have a great one, TW & AJ, hope it's the beginning of a banner year.  I need to go buy ingredients to make a snack for the knitting guild meeting on Thursday evening today and probably a few other groceries.  At least it's supposed to be nice today--in the mid-50s with maybe showers later.  I'll take it.  I don't have to shovel rain.
--Barbara

No comments: