Friday, April 25, 2014

Is That... the Sun?

Yes!  Yes, it is.  Hot damn.  We need a sunny day.  I need a sunny day, big time.

Durwood has some appointments I get to chauffeur him to and I get to take Porter to the kennel for a weekend playdate pretty soon so I'd better type faster.  Less thinking, more typing, please.

I unearthed a novel manuscript last week and am reading through it on the Kindle to see about diving back into it.  Funny, I thought it was perfect a year ago but now I see the flaws.  Time to make a paper copy and get out my red pen.  Good thing I'm going to The Clearing at the end of September for a week's writing workshop.  Maybe I'll get these words out there one day after all.

I had work to do at work yesterday.  Imagine that!  Work at work, what a concept.  I'd rather work at work than sit at work at least a couple days a week.  It's so much less tiring to work than to sit.

Durwood made BBQ ribs in the crockpot yesterday so the house smelled great when I got home, and they tasted good too.  We just steamed a big mess of broccoli to go along with the ribs and had a feast.  Lots of leftovers too.  Yum.

April 25--Luca Carlevaris, The Molo, Venice.  

The music of arches
sings across the piazza--
column, arch, column, arch
--rhythmic architecture
mirroring the beat
of the commerce
embraced by the walls.
Such rigid rows
belie the chaotic drama
of life
on the paving stones.
~~~~~

I've gotta go get out in that sunshine.  It's not particularly warm but it's sunny and I need to bask.  Time to brush, flush, and flee.  Hasta la vista, babies.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Our house smelled like pork all day yesterday too. I did some pork country ribs in the crockpot. All great minds!!!