Thursday, August 31, 2023

Not In My Yard

But right next to it. The diggers were back and active all day and they stayed in the neighbor's yard. I was glad I wasn't trying to have a quiet day because they were LOUD. Hopefully they're nearly done. I'm so over the armada of white trucks and florescent yellow clad workpeople (one of them's a woman) buzzing up and down the block.



I've stopped filling the birdfeeders because it occurred to me that it might be a rat that dug that big hole up on the retaining wall and I know that fallen birdseed attracts rats. So I'm letting the feeders stay empty except that there's still suet cakes so this passel of Sparrows descended today and a couple of them spent quite a bit of time on the suet cakes feeder. I don't know if rats can climb up there. I hope not.


Today was a busy day but I did steal away time for a little drawing. These are from 20 Ways to Draw a Jellyfish. I like the dolphin that's on top of the water and I like the cartoon-y lobster.



I got to spend the evening with LC and OJ and when I went out to get in my car to drive home there was the full moon shining down on me so I took its picture. It's not the supermoon like last night and it's still quite the white blur, but I like how it outshines the streetlight. (The moon's the big white circle on top.)



What I was busy with today was listening to auditions and hiring a narrator to turn my books into audiobooks. Since I haven't really spent much money to publish them I'm okay with spending some moolah to get them out in another form. Most of my "reading" these days is listening to audiobooks so it makes sense to me to offer them on Audible. I found the narrator through Audible so it'll be easy to slot them onto my Amazon book pages. I've had a couple requests for audiobooks and now I'll be able to fill those requests. I'm so excited! It'll be a few months before they're up and available but it's exciting to be starting. Now I have to order a new cover for Horizon and The Seaview because the rectangular Kindle and paperback covers are unacceptable. That's okay, I found an inexpensive place to get that done fairly quickly. I'm having such a good time with this. Who knew that I'd embark on a whole new career as an author? I'm supposed to be retired but I guess I'm not very good at that.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! The audible book plan sounds wonderful. Starting a whole new career as an author is exciting. Great way to "retire." Thanks for the shot of the moon. Nice one!