Thursday, August 10, 2023

A Woodpecker Day

Today was one of those days when I was uninspired. I didn't have much energy to do much and I spent a lot of time staring out at the bird feeders. I did go to the birdseed store for supplies and filled the feeders so that brought these Downy Woodpeckers to the suet offerings. First this one came to the suet cakes and posed ever so nicely.



Then another one showed up on the suet pellets and turned its head just in time for me to snap a profile shot. I saw a squirrel nab a peanut out of the wreath but it was too far away and too quick for me to get a picture.


I did manage to draw a little out of 20 Ways to Draw a Jellyfish. I think that my favorite one today is the little clump of coral in the upper left of the page.



I've added a bunch of rows onto the Pink Lemonade dishcloth. It's the first time I've done the yarn over method of increases and I think I like the tidy row of decorative holes after the edging. I'm not really a fan of pink either but I do like the colors of this yarn.


I wrote a little bit this afternoon, not much, and not very successfully, but I'm always happy to have written. I took a walk after supper tonight just up to the corner and back. I have got to do that every day or I won't be able to walk very far at all. Everything that I do I sit down to do and it's killing me. How did I get so lazy?

I still haven't gotten the second chapter to review from Book Publishing Solutions and I'm getting peeved. It better show up tomorrow or I'm giving Harry a piece of my mind.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I hear you. Some days are just duds. Is it better to have something that must be done -- or to have the day to just laze around? I guess it's better to have some of each. At least you fed the birds!