Wednesday, August 30, 2023

And Done

I finished this bout of Investment Cooking today, and I didn't set off the smoke alarm again because I had on the ceiling fan and had the patio door open. But first I made a batch and a half of BBQ Mini Turkey Meatloaves. They're little pucks of ground turkey, onions, and BBQ sauce baked in big muffin tins. I squeeze on a little more sauce when I reheat them. They're very tasty. 



Next I made Salisbury Steaks. That's the recipe that sets off the smoke alarm most of the time but today I made sure that I had good ventilation when I fried the patties. Again it took me until the last day of Investment Cooking to remember that the green-handled scoop is 1/3 cup so I can use it to portion out the rice. It's so much easier than using a measuring cup and little spatula. Maybe next time I'll remember sooner.


I noticed that the some of the sedum flowers are starting to turn pink. I'm not a pink fan but I like the way the pink florets look with the light green leaves. I was surprised not to see any bees on the flowers yet. Maybe they're not open enough?



Today's drawings are from Things With Wings or 20 Ways to Draw a Butterfly. No butterflies, only a vintage airplane, two beetles, and a very odd-looking dragon.


There's a big beautiful full moon tonight and try as I might I couldn't get a decent picture of it. All I got was a big white blur. Dang it.

I met a few knitting friends at DM's house tonight. We ate and talked--and never got around to knitting. But they did each buy a copy of my last two books. They said they wanted the "full set." Made me feel just great. Thanks, DM, KE, and CS! You're the best!

I did a little online research into having my books turned into audiobooks. I've had some requests. I know that reading a book aloud is a big job and they're not shy about charging for it. It's something that I'll have to think about. But wouldn't that be cool? Maybe that's what I've been saving up for.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I envy you having all those dinners prepared and in the freezer for the next long however. It's such a pain to try to think of what to make for dinner every night. But I'm too lazy or disorganized to do a real investment thing.