Thursday, August 24, 2023

It Worked After All

Turns out I jumped the gun sending that email last night. My Email Marketing pages worked just fine. *sigh* So I ate a bit of crow and wrote another email to my list of addresses confessing my failure and spending a half hour putting all of those email addresses of those that accepted onto the site. I'm such a trial to myself sometimes.  Anyway, here's the link to my monthly writing progress emails list if you missed it on FB or the emails: Barbara Writes Email List  Thank you for your patience. I evidently have little of it.


This morning that Downy Woodpecker showed up while I was having breakfast and spent some time sorting through the seeds in the tube feeder. Later on another Downy showed up on the suet pellets but I wasn't fast enough with the camera. I figure one bird a day is plenty.



Then this bunny showed up and spent quite a bit of time hoovering up fallen birdseed. I was looking at it and it looks a little scrawny, like a kid that's grown too fast, so I wonder if this isn't the grownup baby that was racing across the patio earlier in the summer.


Once again there was a sole Stella d'Oro lily blooming today. This one's leaves are covered with some vine that grows on that side of the retaining wall. If someone had gotten out there in the early summer (me) and weeded there wouldn't be all those vines over there. Ah well, this just wasn't a weeding summer, I guess. Besides the vines make pretty white flowers that the bees like.



I drew a few things out of 20 Ways to Draw a Butterfly and couldn't resist drawing the goofiest looking owl on the page. It's on the upper left and I can't wrap my eyes around it and come out with "owl." I'm not sure what I think it looks like but owl ain't it.


I got a text from my neighbor saying that their tomatoes have started ripening and they can't keep up with eating them. She asked if I like tomatoes and if so would I please come and pick some. So I did. I mostly picked the "pop one in your mouth" kind on the plant nearest my back door. They're very good and such a pretty color.



Late this afternoon I got what Harry from Book Publishing Solutions called the final draft of the manuscript. It's formatted with most of the front and back matter that I asked for. It's starting to look like a book! Naturally I found a couple typos but was able to correct them since it wasn't a pdf. Now there's only one more addition to the back matter that I sent him and maybe it'll be almost ready to be published. I'm hoping for the middle of September.


I went down to the library after lunch and spent an hour sorting books. I managed to clear one table of canvas bags and all but one bag on the next table. Two of the bags were filled with children's books so I was able to slide the bags onto a cart and wheel them down to the kids' books area where I could just stack them and leave them. Kids' books has their own sorting team separate from the adult books sorters.


This morning I had a haircut appointment and then went to the DePere ALDI for my favorite snack crackers. I'm addicted to their Savoritz Wheat Crackers. They're so good that I eat them plain. ALDI was buzzing with shoppers but only one check lane was open so there was a long wait. The closest store to me has put in self-checkouts which makes things move faster since there are six of them. I don't hate self-checkout but I know some people do.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

You had a busy day what with haircut, book sorting and harvesting those beautiful tomatoes. Nice of your neighbor to share.