Friday, August 25, 2023

It's Almost Ready

I did the final review of the Final manuscript of Island Dreams and it got published this afternoon. It's available now on Kindle and the paperback will be available in a few days. I'm excited that it's out there and ready for readers but not quite as excited as I was when I did all of the formatting and publishing myself. Or am I becoming jaded now that I'm on book #4? Nah.



I looked out and saw a Downy Woodpecker at the tube feeder again this morning but when I picked up the camera and turned to take a picture the Woodpecker had turned into a Sparrow. And one with an attitude too. See how he's daring me to take his picture?


Dad's rose is blooming again and when I snapped the picture I saw a Japanese Beetle lurking between the petals. I picked it off.



I just drew one page today out of 20 Ways to Draw a Jellyfish. I think I like all four of my little figures today, even the goofy looking walrus.


I've been adding a few rows to the Muchness scarf each evening and so I thought it was time for it to be on the blog again. I dropped a stitch tonight and was lucky enough to catch it before it got away too far. Good thing that the pattern and the variegated yarn color will hide any misplaced stitch because I'm not so sure that I got it all back together right. I was just happy to catch the little sucker and hook it back into place.

 


The other day I decided to order an author copy of Horizon with the new, improved cover on it. It came today. With the old cover. Tsk. Then I spent an hour on a chat with Customer Service from KDP finding out if the cover change worked and why didn't it show up on my book. He said it was a mistake and they'll send me a replacement, hopefully it'll have the correct cover on it. Sheesh.


Oh, for those of you who signed up for my email list, be sure that you click on the Free Short Story Download that comes from Barbara Writes, even if you downloaded the story from my first email. That activates you on the list and means that you'll be included in future email sends. It might have landed in your Junk or Spam folder so check there if you don't find it in your regular emails. I don't want you to miss a thing! Because I'm sure you'll be hanging on every word. (Tongue firmly in cheek.)

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Thanks for the tip on how to sign up for your newsletter. I didn't do it right the first time but now I'm in. I love that picture of you that pops up. And I love the sweet short story.