Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Fur & Feathers

I was just finishing my breakfast when I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. The teenage bunny that lives under my ferns (I think) came hopping up on the patio step and stared at me. I took my time and didn't make any sudden movements and managed to take a picture of it. It's past the time when it zooms out and across the patio. Now it hops over to the spilled birdseed and challenges the squirrels for supremacy. The squirrels usually win.



Then captured a quick picture of a Chickadee on the round feeder. I was sure it would fly away just as soon as I got the camera up and ready but I lucked out this time.


The Daily Practice today was Bees. Five bees, to be exact, four cartoon bees and one more realistic bee. I even colored the yellow stripes to make them more cheerful.



I dived back into 20 Ways to Draw a Tree and the figures were in no particular order--an egg, a shell, a log, a star, and a nest. I like the way the egg and the nest turned out today. I've drawing so many pictures with the .03 ink pen that it ran out so I had to go to Michaels and get another one. Aw. 

 

A rather ratty looking Downy Woodpecker showed up on the suet cakes this afternoon. Usually they look all spiffy and well-groomed but this one looked quite disheveled and kinda dirty. I wonder where he'd been.


In the Interesting News Dept. I got an email from the rep of the online editing company today asking how I was doing. I emailed back that I was still thinking and he emailed back that they could do the complete package--content edit, formatting, adjust the layout to conform to publishing standards, proofreading formatting, front and back cover design, and author's introduction--for half of what he quoted me yesterday but the deal was only good for today. Now I know that was a ploy to get me to agree to buy the package but since I was thinking of doing it at twice the price, I was up for spending half and getting the same package. I did it. I signed up, paid for the service, and sent them my manuscript. I am looking forward to getting the first chapter(s) back from them to see what changes they suggest. P.S. It's part of Amazon which made me feel more confident signing up.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

That editing offer sounds too good to pass up. It'll be interesting to see what they come back with. Good for you for going for it!