Sunday, August 27, 2023

A Banner Day

Throughout the day I check my Amazon Ads Marketing page to see how many Impressions, Clicks, and (hopefully) Sales I have that day. I usually have plenty of Impressions, I get a Click every couple days, and I get a Sale every once in a great while. Not today. Today I got over 1000 Impressions (a usual amount), 4 Clicks (that never happens), and 1 Sale (and I think it's of my newest book because that's the ad the Click and Sale showed up on). I'm over the moon. *pause for a little happy dance* My success with all of the ads I've made has been a real slow roll. I don't have 100 clicks on any title yet and that's the benchmark for judging your ad effectiveness. But I'm not giving up, I'll keep making ads and we'll just see what happens. So far I've earned more than I've spent so I'm happy.



Another Downy Woodpecker landed on the suet cakes this morning but a Sparrow did too and because it's a two-sided feeder they could tolerate being on there together. No squabbling.


Today is the first day of the next bout of Investment Cooking and I am not in the mood. But if I want something to eat every night, something that isn't a pint of ice cream or a PG&J, I need to cook.  I made the shopping list yesterday and got it entered into my phone. This morning (after a nice chat with Lala) I went over to Meijer and got all the food. The hardest thing to find was scallions. I ended up having to buy organic ones because there wasn't even a scrap or a shelf tag for the regular ones. Anyway, I got it all, got it home, put it away (sometimes that's the worst part, isn't it?), and after lunch I got started. First I made One Pan Mexican Rice Skillet. It's nice and spicy. Of course I thought I had a can of beef broth but actually had chicken so I didn't buy any. Oh well, it'll taste good made with chicken broth, I'm sure.



After supper I threw together Easy Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies. This is the most colorful recipe I make and it's a little fiddly cutting up all those mini peppers but I use my kitchen shears and the job goes pretty quickly. I almost forgot to make brown rice to put into the portion containers with this one but I got the rice cooking and it all got finished at the same time.


In between recipes I sat down to draw. These are from 20 Ways to Draw a Butterfly--a flying fish, 2 bees, a dove, and a moth. I like them all again today, I can't pick a favorite.


I've been agonizing over whether I did the email list correctly, whether I gave the correct instructions, and whether it's going to work when I send the next missive on Friday. I try not to worry about things so much but I think it's genetic. Mom was a worrier, I learned it from her.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

We're both worriers - it's in our DNA. So frustrating but I can't stop when something's on my mind. Good for you for getting your investment cooking going. Keeping busy is a good way to chase the worries away.