Sunday, August 20, 2023

What Lives In Here?

When I went up to fill the feeders yesterday I found this hole up on top of the retaining wall. Something dug it and is living in there, I think. I don't know what it could be. It's too big to be a chipmunk hole and squirrels don't dig holes like that, at least I don't think that they do, so something unknown has moved in. I started to put my hand down there and then thought better of it. Maybe I'll just shake some mole pellets down there to invite whatever it is to move along.



The day lilies are still blooming. I wish they weren't so tall so I could get a better picture of them but they're tall and I'm short and can do nothing about either condition.

 

A Downy Woodpecker landed on the tube feeder this morning. I like the way they cling to the feeder and seem to enjoy the slow rotation that their arrival sets off.



I took advantage of an offer from Bryan Cohen, the guy who teaches the Amazon Ads class I've taken a couple times, and invested in an Email Marketing class he offered to people who had attended a webinar the other day. I've been thinking of sending out emails about my books and my writing and thought that maybe learning about it would be a good idea. I've watched a few of the videos and I have to say that I'd have made a real hash of it if I'd done this myself. Stay tuned for an email invitation to sign up for infrequent, maybe monthly, emails from author me. It's a lot for this old brain to absorb.


I took a break from videos to draw this afternoon. I'm not very good at drawing pine cones but think this one might be one of my best. That's not saying much but I'm not giving up.


I was going to take a walk this evening but got caught up in listening to an author interview after an Audible audiobook finished. By the time the interview was finished it was nearly dark and I don't walk in the dark.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I'd love a monthly email from author you! You know I love everything you write -- daily, monthly, published -- whatever. And you shouldn't walk after dark. Listen to your old Aunt B and stay safe inside!