Sunday, August 6, 2023

Now You See Them

I have some very enthusiastic weeds growing up on top of the retaining wall. They're so enthusiastic that I finally had enough, got out my gloves, snips, and a lopper, and went out to do something about them. It's been pretty hot and humid lately so I procrastinated about going out there to tackle the job but it was cooler today so I went and did it. Or did most of it. Here's what the area looked like before I started.



And this is what it looked like when I was done. The Black-eyed Susans were a little stunned by the sudden sunshine and wilted a little but I put on the soaker hose, gave them a nice long drink, and hope that they'll perk up by morning.


I turned to the next page of Seuss-isms and found this... creature with a topknot with a creature nesting in his topknot with a creature nesting in his topknot with a creature nesting in his topknot. The picture had another layer but I ran out of room on the page.



Then I had so much fun drawing little pictures yesterday that I thought I'd try it again. These are from the cover of 20 Ways to Draw a Tree. They're not as small as yesterday's pictures were but they were just as much fun to draw.


Late this afternoon a Cardinal landed on a crook and before I got the camera up he'd moved down to the ground. It's a good thing because there were Mourning Doves in the platform feeder off and on today so I'm guessing that the seeds there are pretty scarce.



I didn't do any writing today. Instead I added "romance" back into my categories and keywords after a week of few Impressions, no clicks, and no sales, talked to DD, then talked to cda, then I made a new Amazon Ad. Oh! I almost forgot. When I was researching books to use to harvest keywords from I put "mature love after loss" into the search bar and all three of my books came up in the "Products Related to This Item" carousel under the description of the book (not mine) that I was researching. That's so cool to see that the ads might actually be doing something. Now if I could only get more people to click and buy them. Patience. That'll come. Eventually.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Good job tackling that mass of weeds. I'm sure the Black-Eyed Susans thanked you -- even if they did look a little stunned.