Monday, August 7, 2023

The Last Lily

I hauled the weeds down to the curb this evening once the backyard got shady and noticed the last flower on the Stargazer Lily. It's facing the neighbor's backyard so I had to creep around the fence to take its picture. I wish I had smell-o-vision because the fragrance is intoxicating.




One of the Downy Woodpeckers was back today helping to peck away at the suet pellets. I'm amazed at the dingy coloring of these fledglings. They don't have the high-contrast black and white of the adult Downies.


In keeping with my drawings of the last two days I used the cover illustrations on 20 Ways to Draw a Jellyfish as my examples today. I'm most pleased with the way the jellyfish, the crab, and the seahorse turned out but none of it displeases me.


Today was the monthly lunch of the St. Agnes Class of '65. We went to a sports bar and I had a burger and tater tots. Because I ate every morsel of it I skipped supper but since I was still pretty full from lunch that wasn't a hardship.

I just got a message from Book Publishing Solutions offering a 6-month or 12-month marketing plan. It all sounds very interesting but also very expensive even though he hasn't given me any numbers. I'm eager to get more chapters to review but suspect that I'll be getting more upselling "opportunities" before that happens. Oh well.

I got to be transportation for LC and OJ this afternoon. DS got a late start brewing so he asked me if I'd pick up the kids and bring them to the brewery. Of course I would. It's always good to see the kids even if it's just for a few minutes.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Nice little treat to get to see the kiddies even for a short time. its great that they live in GB and close to you.