Tuesday, August 22, 2023

And Again

Again I spent most of the day on the computer working my way through the Email Lists from Scratch tutorial videos. I got very frustrated this afternoon because I thought that I followed all of the steps but didn't get the email in my inbox that I thought I was supposed to get. I went through the steps again with the same results so I emailed the help desk and got a reply this evening that nothing was turned on and this was how to do it. Once I did that it occurred to me that perhaps he hadn't checked to make sure that his email showed up because it wasn't going to show up--yet. So I feel a little better about things but I still wish that my screen matched up with the videos he made last year because one of the programs was redone in the interim and it looks very different. Things aren't in the same place on my screen as on his in the demo. *sigh*



JMK, one of my writing friends, commented that the pig I drew the other day looked like Wilbur from Charlotte's Web and I should draw a spider next to the pig so I did. She also commented that the book is banned someplace in Kansas because a mother objected to the talking animals because humans are the highest level of mammals, or some such nonsense. Good grief.


In my frustration over the computer this afternoon I sat down and drew some out of Draw 500 Fabulous Flowers. These flowers were easy to draw and the perfect antidote to my computer angst.



My first drawing efforts were from 20 Ways to Draw a Jellyfish so I have two anemones, two seahorses, and two squid. I especially like the googly-eyed seahorse on the right. To me he looks like he'd talk like Goofy. If animals could talk.


I was so busy on the computer today that I didn't really pay attention to the birds but I did manage to snap a picture of these two Sparrows on the tube feeder. There had been a whole flock of Sparrows on the ground under the feeder but they scattered when I picked up the camera. These two were the brave ones that stayed.


To give myself a break from the laptop I went to the grocery this afternoon thinking that on Tuesday afternoon it'd be less busy. Oh, not so, it was very busy but I parked off to the side and walked around the perimeter of the store before I zeroed in on the things on my list. I'm still on my watermelon jag but I figure that's a safe food to be addicted to. It's supposed to be 97 degrees tomorrow with humidity in the 70% range. I'm staying in the a/c. At least it's only supposed to last for a day or maybe two, not weeks like those poor souls in the southwest have had.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Oh the frustration computers can cause! I went crazy yesterday trying to print a document we need to complete so the Property Owners' Assn. can approve our lanai. So much clicking on different icons!! I finally did it but don't know how I made it happen. Crazy time! That woman in Kansas objecting to Charlotte's Web? Crazy times indeed!!