Friday, December 7, 2018

I Skedaddled

 

Yesterday I did beaucoup laundry and while the dirty clothes were sloshing around I sewed up another flannel Dress no. 2, this one with a farmer's market print.  I got it done just in time to pop it on with fresh leggings and turtleneck so I could pack clean socks, undies, pjs, and my toiletries and take off with a friend for a much needed overnight escape.



 

 

She's got a high-powered communications job and needed to spend some vacation time plus her family shares a cottage (it's really a 3-bedroom home) on the ship canal in Sturgeon Bay so I picked her up and we drove there, turned up the heat, and went out for supper.  This morning we watched the geese, ducks, and one pheasant who meandered by before saddling up and driving almost to the tippy top of Door County to go to The Clearing's holiday open house.  








 

We browsed the gift shop, of course, and I found a few items.  I'm excited about the book of 100 things to plant for bees.  I'm hoping to dig out a corner of the garden bed and replant it with bee, butterfly, and hummingbird attracting plants.  What to choose?  What to choose?





KW has heard me talking about The Clearing like it's Mecca for years and was excited to see it in person.  It was brisk (about 20 degrees without much wind) but we walked the labyrinth and down the path to the Schoolhouse.  Everything was locked but I do believe I might have made a convert.  She talked about finding out what classes are coming next year and getting her sister-in-law up there for a respite.




I knitted on the fox critter hat last night and finished it at Friday Night Knitting tonight.  I took today's toss with me to knitting.  I sorted through Durwood's stock of various tomato products (soups and V8), tossed what was outdated and took the rest to FNK for people to take.  I've got a couple packets of dry cheesy potato soup mix and a couple jars of raspberry jam left to take to the food pantry.


 

I got an email from Public Service a couple weeks ago saying that they were selling LED bulbs for $1 each so I ordered 2 sets which was the limit.  The box came yesterday.  Look!  This is $20 worth.  I think I'm good for a while.


I confess, I haven't written the prompt in days.  I promise, cross my heart, I'll do it tonight, just as soon as I put the pictures on here and hit "publish."  Promise.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your getaway sounds perfect. Just what the doctor ordered. You know, if you can't have a cottage in the woods, have a friend who has a cottage in the woods. Your market print dress looks very cozy and comfy. Always good to have something new when you're going on a trip. Love the cute critter hat.