Sunday, December 23, 2018

Busy Days

I spent yesterday tidying up for my friend Lala's arrival today.  You know changing the sheets on the guest room bed, hiding the clutter, swishing out the bathroom.  Then in the afternoon I went to the Y to play with the machines.  It was about 3:30 when I went and I was surprised to see that's when the buff boys come to work out.  Nice scenery, and I didn't have any competition for the machines I used because, except for one slacker in a knit hat sitting on one machine poking at his smartphone, they all used the big kid machines and the free weights.  I'm not up to free weights yet.

Speaking of making the bed, I realized when I did that I really needed a new warm blanket for it.  The one that I had was for a twin bed and that just doesn't cover a queen mattress.  So I ended up at Walmart around 10:30 PM buying a warm blanket and a medium-weight blanket too.  The twin size blanket was yesterday's toss since there are no longer any twin size beds around here.  I confess that I didn't toss anything today.  Another busy day.



Lala arrived around 3 o'clock and after a cup of homemade chicken veg soup we zoomed over to the botanical garden to see the Garden of Lights.  We spring for wagon ride tickets so we went right over to get in line.  It wasn't very cold, around freezing, so there were a lot of people.  We were smart to go right when they opened.  It would have been an extra magnitude of pretty if there'd been snow for the lights to twinkle on but it was still beautiful and fun to be out at night riding in a wagon pulled by a team of draft horses.






The coolest thing were the metal sculpture trees that had "leaves" of some sort of reflective plastic or metal.  They shimmered in the slight wind tonight and sparkled with all of the colored lights around them.


I have to confess that I still haven't written any prompt writing so I hope you'll be happy with a lot of pretty pictures and very little creative writing.  I'm tired from spending a couple hours out in the cold fresh air.  Night.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You are forgiven for skipping the prompt. The pictures of the light show are a worthy substitute. Your favorite is my favorite too. Nice to have your friend join you for a "night out." I'm getting a guest room ready too. Lisabeth and Chris next on our Christmas visitors list. LD and Debbie have come and gone and a good time was had by all.