Sunday, December 30, 2018

Typing Fast

Here it is nearly 11 o'clock at night and I'm just getting to blogging.  I was sunk in inertia today until late in the afternoon when I went to Meijer for some groceries and a few other items, then came home and made the first decent supper I've made in weeks if not months.  The approach of January 1 has me resolved (that nasty word, so often the harbinger of failure) to really get back to eating right.  I am certain that I'll feel better physically, emotionally, and mentally if I'm eating healthy food instead of salty, sugary stuff.  I have no illusions that I'll never eat those things but I'll eat less of them.




This morning the Cardinal shared its breakfast with a gaggle of House Finches.  Usually male Cardinals aren't good at sharing but something made today different.


 



I finished the Woodland Plain-Old-Sock tonight.  I am endlessly amused by the way the yarn is dyed to make stripes and what looks like tiny flowers.





30 December--Samuel John Peploe, Pink and Tangerine Roses in a Blue and White Beaker Vase with Oranges in a Bowl and a Black Fan.  The art dealer looked at the painting and then at the artist.  "You think you could figure out a shorter name for this, Sam?"  "Well, no," said Samuel, "the name says what's in the painting."  The dealer sighed.  "Yes, I understand, but it's not very creative, it's just a list of the subject.  Couldn't you call it "Summer Afternoon" or "January Roses"?  Something that evokes the work in fewer than 25 words?Samuel frowned.  "But it wasn't afternoon and surely not January.  Calling it that would be a lie."  "As opposed to boring any customer with the endless title before they get to the art," the dealer said under his breath.

And that's it for today.  Today's toss was 3 years worth of receipts.  I'll take it to the shredder tomorrow or on Wednesday.  Time to hit the hay.  Tomorrow will be busy as I'll have company to keep me occupied.  Hooray!
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I like your resolution about healthier eating -- and the operative word there is "your." I should do the same thing but all that sweet, salty junk food is sooooo good. My resolution is to start doing some kind of exercising if and when the fitness room at the club ever opens. Of course, I could start walking now but that's not going to happen.