Saturday, December 15, 2018

Oh, I'm Late To The Party Tonight

This is what happens when you decide at 7 o'clock to watch a 3-hour movie that Netflix sent you (The Hobbit) and then sit here reading emails and blogs.  *sigh*  Good thing I sat around all afternoon and evening on the couch.  I almost forgot to find something to toss today but I scurried downstairs (yes, I can still scurry--if I hold the handrail on the stairs) and brought up a small box of severely outdated hair goo.  Yuk.

There was a pair of Bluejays playing tag team on the peanut wreath this morning.  At one time, for a split-second, one was on the peanuts and the other was on the crook waiting its turn.  Did I manage to snap a photo of both of them?  No, of course not.



Yesterday I hung up the birdseed wreath I got at the garden shop.  I haven't seen any birds on it yet but I hung it in a place that squirrels can't get to.  It took quite a while for this squirrel to stop trying to figure out a way to get up there.  I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work out how to get on the roof and reach down from the gutter.







In knitting news, I finished the third and last critter hat for the grandbabies this afternoon 





and I had every intention of picking up the dishcloth or sock that are OTN and in my bag but instead a pattern for curly fries and a holder thrust itself in my hand so I went downstairs, dug out some dishcloth cotton in the requisite colors, and got to work.  I got the holder and one fry done.  I'll make more curly ones and maybe some straight ones too.  I'm looking at this as a kind of palate cleanser.


Oh, this morning I went to the neighborhood twice-a-month winter farmer's market.  They hold it in an empty store in the shopping center a few blocks from here.  Look what I got!  I mostly went because I got an email from the business assn. and it said that someone would be selling tote bags made from the bags that hops or malted barley comes in for making beer.  I thought that'd be a fun gift for DS & DIL1.  But then there was Farmer's Market Dave with mushrooms, baby reds, and fresh cabbage, a lady selling sprouts (I bought some radish sprouts, they were delish on my quesadilla instead of lettuce), and a new-ish orchard just out of town selling 3# of apples for $3.  Then there was the lady with the cupcakes.  I might have had a cupcake accident.  Oh well, one of these days the "comfort eating" will dwindle and I'll get back to eating right.


I did cut up the end of my straw bale garden carrots and toss them in EVOO with the baby reds, a cut up onion, a head's worth of garlic cloves, and the mushrooms then I roasted them so I'll have lots of yummy veggies to eat this week.  See?  I can eat healthy.  Sometimes.

Lord, lord, look at the time.  I've gotta wrap this thing up and go to bed.  I'll save last night's prompt writing for tomorrow night.  
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your pictures today are wonderful -- as usual -- but my favorites are the great birdseed wreath and the thwarted squirrel. If that guy gets up there, I won't be surprised but I hope he doesn't. Those critter hats are too cute. Enjoy your healthy eating but it is Holiday time after all so a little splurging is expected.