Friday, December 14, 2018

Choo-Choo!

I got stopped by a train on my way home from the Y today.  It's been forever since I had to stop for a train.  Most of the time the road flies over the tracks and I guess that trains aren't the primary mode of moving things from here to there anymore.  Too bad, they make a lovely clicking sound plus having to stop for them to pass makes a person slow down and quit running around like a crazed weasel quite so much.





At the Y I did the chair yoga class, it was okay.  I'll go back next week Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for it to see if it's something I want to do that many times a week.  After class I went into the machine room (I have to find out what that's really called) and spent half an hour on this recumbent stepper machine.  I'm hoping to get one of the trainers to show me how to use all of the machines so I can try them out.  I'm thinking I'll only do chair yoga once a week so I can keep walking which I really enjoy.  I'm much more of a solitary person, not so much a group workout person.

 


Early this morning I noticed a Cardinal hunched on the edge of the platform feeder
and this Bluejay kept flying down for a corn kernel and then zooming back into the tree way too quickly for me to take its picture so I did some zooming of my own and nabbed a shot of it way up high.







 
Today's toss wasn't a toss at all.  I found this fishing reel in a box and a fishing pole with another reel on it.  It went on the "thinking about it" shelf.  I don't fish so I guess I'll put it online for sale come spring.  I think I know a fisherman who can help me figure out how much it's worth.



 
I was looking at the Christmas cactus I bought at Stein's the other day and thought the one flower that's open is so pretty I'd try for a close up.  Not bad.



Still didn't write a prompt.  Another snippet of novel?  Okay.




14 December--The Seaview, Chapter 40.     

      Elizabeth fixed me with her gaze.  "Were you serious when you said that you made salad in a kitty litter pan?"  She covered her face with her hands.  "I can't believe I even said those words," she said. 
       I pulled the mint green pan off the bottom shelf.  "Here it is.  I bought it new and I guarantee that it has never been used for its intended purpose."  I lifted my hand to my chest.  "Cross my heart." 
       She sighed.  "Okay, this goes against everything I ever learned in culinary school but, Rose, will you please make the salad in the green pan?"  She sorted the bags and handed me the ones with the lettuces, scallions, carrots, and tomatoes.  "I'll make the dressing but first I found some frozen phyllo and some little smokies links so I thought the guys would like pigs in a blanket."  


I promise I'll write the prompt tonight.  I won't sit here goofing off, playing computer games until it's too late to write and do my bedtime ankle exercises and then listen to my bedtime meditation.  Promise.  Maybe I won't go to the Y tomorrow.  Maybe I'll stay home and sew or nap on the couch.  Probably won't nap but it sounds good, doesn't it?
-- Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Salad in a kitty litter pan??? I don't think so. Your imagination ran wild with that one. I'm running over to Miami tomorrow to see Nancy. She can't get over here so I'm going to her. Just for the day but it'll count as a Christmas visit. I'll give her a hug for you.