Friday, November 16, 2018

So, What'd Ya Get Rid Of Today?

Well, I hauled up a tote that had been packed by Durwood about 15 years ago and hasn't been opened since.  Inside I found some razors and an electric toothbrush still in the box.  I kept the toothbrush and put the razors in a bag to drop off at Goodwill tomorrow.  I meant to get it organized and drop it off when I went to Goodwill to knit tonight but I got busy this afternoon and lost track of time.

What was I busy with, you ask?  I sat down to rearrange scenes in the last quarter of The Seaview (my novel manuscript), plunged into writing one of the additional scenes I made notes about on Wednesday afternoon, and didn't surface until after 4 o'clock, just in time to whip up some supper..  I'll admit that 2 1/2 pages of typescript doesn't look like an entire afternoon's work but, people, you have to allow for thinking and at my age the gears grind exceedingly slowly at times.


For supper I whipped up a half-recipe of WW Shrimp & Grits.  It's soooo good.  There's sausage in with the shrimp, tomatoes and bell peppers too, and there's one of those Laughing Cow wedges in the grits so they're even cheese grits.  Heaven.  ALDI carries this really good chicken sausage called Never Any which has no nitrites in it.  Too bad I only needed one sausage so I'll have to eat the other three over the weekend so they don't go bad.  Poor me.  Ooh, maybe one chopped up in scrambled eggs.  With toast.  Toast is important.




Tonight at Friday Night Knitting I worked on a kit for a kids' hat for someone for Christmas.  I got three of the kits when I was in Indiana last week and I'm getting right on it.



 

I didn't show you this book I got the other day, did I?  It's called Faerie Knitting with 14 original fairy tales and 14 original knitting patterns inspired by them.  It's a lovely book to hold with great paper and excellent illustrations.  All in all, a fine book.  Isn't that a clever idea for a pair of cousins, one an author and the other a knitwear designer?  Brilliant.

16 November--Rembrandt Peale, Rubens Peale with a Geranium.  Everyone in town knew Ethan.  He walked around carrying Robert.  His pet geranium, Robert.  He'd talk to Robert telling the plant all about what there was to see and what people were doing.  Most folks figured that there wasn't any harm in Ethan.  They'd humor him, saying "Hello, Robert" and "Good morning, Robert."  Mrs. Turner let Robert stay on her porch because Ethan said that right next to the swing was his geranium's favorite patch of sunshine.

I got chilled this afternoon so I put on that black wool and mohair shrug I knitted last year.  I took it off to go to Friday Night Knitting but kept finding fuzzies in my mouth and eyes.  I think the mohair has it in for me.  Bedtime.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That book reminded me of one I found in the freebies bin at the library in Coral Gables -- The Book Club Cook Book. A recipe inspired by whatever book the club was reading. Really neat. That blue and white hat looks cute and you do have those grandkids ready to sport it this winter. We have a new great grandson -- Maximus Wilder Diego -- born November 10 to Abbi and John Paul. This makes four for them: August (5), Bash (3), Roman (18 months) and now a newborn. I think they're going for a basketball team!