Monday, November 5, 2018

Found Bears

Saturday when I was digging around uncovering those heavy boxes of books to haul away to Goodwill I came upon a tote that held treasures.  See these bears?  They belonged to the little boy DS.  Mom made the jointed green bear and I made the fake Care Bear.  I promoted them to upstairs bears.  I think LC and OJ might enjoy meeting them the next time they visit.



I had big plans for today, big plans that didn't come to pass.  While the cleaning lady was here I got the yarn for LC's Slip-Stitch Packer Cap wound into separate balls because the idea of using the inside and outside ends of the same skein of yarn at the same time seems like a foolproof recipe for tangles and knots to me.  I put the original skein on the electronic kitchen scales, minus the label, and wound it until the scale weighed about half.  It worked better on the green yarn than the gold but it's good enough for a start.  I'd hoped to cast on and get some of the ribbing knitted but that didn't happen.


I did three loads of laundry--washed, dried, folded, and put away--but took no photos.  I have to say that I'm impressed with myself for accomplishing all the steps in the same day.


Another thing that came to light during Saturday's inaugural stuff-tossing adventure was something that Durwood ordered years and years ago to give to the kids for Christmas.  They got tucked onto a shelf (as these things do) and I happened upon them yesterday.  So I'll take this one with me when I go visit DD and her family and the other one will go across town to live with DS and his family.  Who doesn't need a box of classic games?



I was surprised to see that the patio and street were wet again this afternoon and evening.  Who ordered all this rain?  Is it only raining because I'm leaving on my first solo car trip soon?  Probably.  That's okay, I have audiobooks and snacks and my GPS charged up.  I have all the tools for a successful maiden voyage.  Tally ho!




I didn't write the prompt last night.  I was tired, lordy, was I tired.  I'm pretty bushed tonight too.  I'm going to make a list of the things I might like to pack.  The knitting is already settled.  That gets done first.  Go figure.

G'night.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I love those bears. I had one that Maraleee made. It lived on a shelf in my bedroom back in The Port City. And the Care Bear is a real winner. Know the kids will love meeting them at your place. That getting rid of stuff project turned up some real treasures. As you said, everyone likes games so that'll be like a gift from Durwood delivered by you. Hope you're on your way by now and not driving in rain. Glad you're making the intermediate stops. Have fun and stay safe.