Thursday, November 1, 2018

Dry!

This afternoon the furnace service guy came and was supremely confident that none of "their" equipment was causing the leak--until he removed the panel on the furnace to find water in the bottom of the housing.  Oops.  Seems there was a small crack in the underside of the drain hose.  It got fixed, he mopped up the water as best he could, and toddled off.  Ha!  I told him it was that hose.  Glad I was right.  The visit and the fix were no charge too.  (this means that in reality I didn't need a new water heater last Friday but since the old one was bought in 1994 it was going to fail soon so it was money well spent... I keep telling myself that)

What wasn't no charge was my visit to get my teeth cleaned where I was told that I need to have fillings removed and teeth crowned and soon.  *sigh*  Once again I suspect that they're aware that I have a nice healthy savings account.  (not really but it sure seems that way)  I brought the intimidating estimate home to think about it but called before the end of the day to make an appointment to get the work done--after Thanksgiving.  I want to have all my teeth available for Thanksgiving dinner.  Mama didn't raise no fools.

On my way home from the dentist I stopped at Menard's and bought myself a new, battery powered leaf blower.  The old one gave up the ghost years ago but Durwood wouldn't let me toss it, he said it could be fixed.  Yeah, it could have been fixed but would have probably cost more to fix than a new one.  I decided not to get a cord one or a gas one but the middle priced battery powered one.  The batteries should be charged by morning so I can go out and blow leaves to the curb.  The neighbor's giant maple tree dropped all its leaves this last week so the side yard looks like it's been carpeted.  



While the furnace guy was at work I did some grandchild hat mending.  One of the owl's eyes had fallen off and the pom pom had come off the top of the Hello Kitty! hat.  Meemaw to the rescue.














Today's bird report:  a female cardinal stopped for a drink and while she was there this mourning dove flew toward the birdbath, saw her, and diverted to the top of this crook where it peered down at the cardinal as if trying to figure out what or who it was in its way.  I do love the goofiness of those doves.






 

Didn't write the prompt last night.  I was up later than I meant to be and had to be up early because I had a 9 o'clock dentist appointment.  I'll scribble later, I promise.

Oh, I made WW salmon cakes with tzatziki sauce and cucumber and tomato salad for supper.  It was absolutely delicious but the house smells so fishy that I had the patio door open for a couple hours trying to air it out.  It helped a bit but maybe I should have lit candles or sprayed Lysol or something. I'll do that in the morning.  I love eating fish but it sure stinks up the joint.

G'night.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Last month I bought a cute little Hello Kitty tin of Halloween candy to send to Lisabeth. LD and Debbie were with me and when I said why I bought it, Debbie replied "She's a grown woman." I know that but I refuse to let her outgrow Hello Kitty. When Lisabeth called to say "Thanks" and I told her what Debbie had said, her reply was "Hello Kitty is timeless." I'll second that! Glad to see that L is sporting that Hello Kitty hat. Congrats on the dry basement. And I'd say you should bite the bullet on the dental maintenance but don't want you to break a tooth. Love your new leaf blower. It looks important.