Sunday, November 18, 2018

Computers Are Frustrating

And iPads are computers.  I went over to CS's house for a Knit Companion lesson but
didn't bring along the list of my passwords so I couldn't log onto my email or into FB, then it turns out that the Knit Companion (an app that holds downloaded patterns and gives you counters and a row highlighter) I bought in May wouldn't transfer over to my iPad.  So she was able to show me a few things on her iPad and a thing or two on mine, then she offered to come over for more lessons/advice sessions.  Once I got home and got the one-level-up version of the program onto the tablet I was able to call up the cable pattern I needed.  Ta-da!





Having that let me finish the cuff of the Appleseed Mitt #2 and knit a few rounds into the hand.







I couldn't figure out why I was in such a meh mood today but then it dawned on me that I stayed up far too late last night into the wee hours and even though I slept until after 9 o'clock my day was basically screwed up.  I had breakfast at 11, couldn't figure out when to eat lunch, and had supper at a normal time.  I was sitting on the couch knitting when I realized that one thing I hadn't done that would make me feel good about the day was to haul myself downstairs and find a BOX of stuff to get rid of.  Once downstairs I decided that the quickest, easiest, not necessarily lightest weight solution was to get one of Durwood's two Do-It-Yourself encyclopedias boxed up and hauled into the back of the car to be donated tomorrow.  And let me tell you humping that box of books up the stairs and into the garage was a job.  Books weigh a lot.  Ask anyone who's ever moved a bookworm friend.



This morning I glanced up to see a male cardinal posing in the bare apple tree against the blue sky.  Nice.  Too bad it was freezing or below freezing all day.  I plugged in the electric blanket last night.  Now I only ever turn it on "1" and usually turn it off before I turn out the light but last night I couldn't get warm when I got into bed so it stayed on most of the night--or the morning since I didn't get into bed until after 1 AM.  Sheesh.  It'll be a long time before I stay up that late again.


True to my word I didn't write the prompt last night but I promise that I'll write one tonight just as soon as I get this blog post tidied up, illustrated, and posted.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

OK, now we're back on track -- you blog at night (at a reasonable hour!) and I "talk back" in the morning. I'm a creature of habit. Landscape guy coming this morning. We're getting the place spiffed up for snowbird visitors (that includes you) in a month or two. Hope everything is still alive and blooming by then. You need to rest after hauling that box of books around. That had to weigh a ton.