Thursday, November 15, 2018

How'd It Get So Late?

 



I just looked at the time and am stunned that it's nearly 11 o'clock.  The knitting guild meeting goes until 8:30 and I can't just come home, get right to blogging, and then hit the sack.  I just can't.  At the guild meeting I wound and cut the pompom for LC's hat but didn't trim it because it makes a mess, plus I didn't have very good scissors for pompom trimming with me.  I did it when I got home.  Now let's hope the hat fits.  I'll give it to her on Saturday when we're finally going back to Pamperin Park since I am confident that the skeeters are gone.  LC and OJ agreed that we need to go back and Saturday's the day.  I'll be making a picnic just in case it's nice enough to eat outside otherwise it'll be a Meemaw's living room floor picnic again.










This morning the Bluejays and the Red-Bellied Woodpecker came to call and the male Downy Woodpecker hung upside down to have a suet snack.  Check out how frosty the grass is behind the Bluejay.  Aunt B, our daily commenter, posted on FB tonight that winter has arrived in Ft. Myers.  It's supposed to be 71 degrees there tomorrow.  Her comment?  "Brrr."  I'd have something sarcastic about that if she hadn't bought me a plane ticket to visit her in February.  I love you, Aunt B.






 
This morning I made chicken vegetable soup.  That simmering soup made the house smell so good.  I make the best chicken soup, if I do say so myself, but I'd rather that I hadn't sliced my finger in the process of cutting up the chicken.  Man, did I bleed.  Fortunately I was smart enough to grab a glove out of the bathroom to keep my bandage dry and to keep blood out of the soup.


15 November--Edouard Benedictus, Design, 1920s.  Sheila turned on the light and stared at the walls.  It looked like animators had closed one eye and drawn the wallpaper while they were drinking tequila.  Huge pink, orange, and red fever-dream flowers flanked by realistic leaves and tiny flowers lunged off the black background.  It was all a bit much for a half-bath.  The tiny room was overwhelmed by the aggressive decor.  She could barely find the fixtures or see her own reflection in the mirror.

Today's toss was the last box of ancient binders from the basement shelves next to the table saw.  One box a day.  Really.  Just one.  Got my serger back today.  I need to go downstairs and sew on it to make sure that it's working like I want it to.  She didn't know when the other machine will be ready.  I also stopped at AAA for a bunch of maps and guidebooks to pore over planning next August's Yellowstone jaunt.  I can see that there will be a lot of folding and unfolding and sticking post-its in over the next few months.  Aah, I love to plan.  I love maps too.
--Barbara

3 comments:

Victoria Jicha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Victoria Jicha said...

hat looks great. You are such a good Meemaw.

Aunt B said...

I put that comment on Facebook just for you. I knew you'd get a chuckle out of it. But it's chicken soup weather down here too. My neighbor shared some she'd made and it was our dinner last night. I'd given her some of that Cheese Soup made from a recipe Ducky Murphy shared many years ago and she returned the favor.