Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Chasing My Own Tail

That's the way I'm feeling lately. Today's my day off and I haven't sat down to relax once. I've walked, learned to download apps to my new iPod Touch, shopped with Durwood, fixed the bike rack straps and lifted the bike down from its hooks, shopped for a DIL2 birthday gift, gone to the chiropractor, and now I've finally found time to blog. *pant, pant* I am not mowing today. Not. Two pairs of orioles have started eating our orange halves, grape jelly, and oriole nectar. Two! Yesterday Durwood saw a hummingbird at the feeder for the first time this spring. And when I was making my lunch I saw an indigo bunting on the feeder. It's very blue. I hope it comes back. I have to recommend the book, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It's the first book of a trilogy and is classified as a young adult book but I listened to the first one last week, now I have the second one and I can't stop listening. I'm riveted. I've got the third and final book reserved at the library and I'm first in line so it should arrive anytime. Yay.

May 9--Claude Monet, Regatta at Sainte-Adresse.

Sailboats on the bay
mimic clouds above,
white on blue,
white over blue.
Invisible winds steer
both like pairs of skaters
waltzing to Strauss.
Spectators on the sand
cheer their favorites
under parasols and straw hats.
~~~~~

I'm going to look for more birds.
--Barbara

No comments: