Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sugar Moon


Last night was the full moon and I actually managed an okay picture of it. There's no ground reference because it had risen too high in the sky for me to connect it to the ground for you. There are a lot of other Native American names for this month's full moon: Worm Moon, Crow Moon, Crust Moon, Sap Moon, Chaste Moon, and Death Moon. Although I really lean toward Worm Moon for the whole creep factor, I thought Sugar Moon would be the best blog entry title. I leave you the others to use as writing prompts or other inspirations if need be.

Okay, here's the deal. Turns out last night's moon was only full-ish. Tonight's full moon they're calling a Supermoon because it'll be 8% closer to the earth (+254,000 miles) than normal. I'm going to make sure my supermoon's out there to greet the planetary Supermoon tonight. How about you? (Mine will be chastely clothed, probably in layers. See "Chaste Moon" reference above.)

March 18--Osservanza Master, Saint Anthony the Abbot in the Wilderness. Tony had a terrible dream. He was wrapped in robes that bound his arms to his sides. He walked barefoot on a rocky path between skeletal black trees and barren hills. Vultures flew in the orange red purple sky and in the distance a man hung on a cross, his robes fluttering in the hot dry wind. Tony was exhausted when he woke up and was tangled in his covers like he'd been battling them all night. That was the last time he had fried oysters at 2 AM.


Oh, mercy, I was so tired last night. I really went from 0 to 60 walking-wise on Thursday and yesterday. Suffice to say that I will be taking one, maybe two walks today, not 4 or 5. My legs ache too and I'm down to 2 Aleve. Let the rationing begin. (oh, like there's no Walgreen's in Sheboygan)
--Barbara

No comments: