Monday, September 19, 2022

Well, I Was Wrong

 I was lying in bed last night when a thought occurred to me so I got up, rebooted the computer, and double checked when my author's copies were arriving. On Saturday I was so excited to be able to order them that I got the date mixed up and they're not coming until after I go to The Clearing. Dammit. There's nothing I can do to change it. The only possibly redeeming thing is that they'll probably have the new, sharp focus cover art.

I am enthralled with getting Horizon, the next manuscript edited and tidied up so that I can upload that to Kindle Direct Publishing. This time I'm watching the tutorial videos and reading the info so that I'll have an easier, more seamless experience. It's amazing what can happen when you read the directions.



Today's foray into drawing was more Steps out of the 30 Seconds book. I confess that I've stopped setting a timer because I seem to be categorically unable to draw the figures in the allotted time. So I'm just drawing them as quickly and as sketchily as I'm able.


Then to have a more satisfying drawing experience I opened 10-Steps: Nature to see that Lily of the Valley was the next thing to draw. The flowers really aren't pale blue in real life but I think they look good and I especially like the way the leaves turned out.



This morning I went to Joe's to get new tires. When I had my oil changed last time Jenny said that I needed new tires so I thought I should get them before winter. They also had to replace the sensor that tells the tire pressure so it was a little more expensive than I anticipated but when isn't a car expense more? Now I have new tires and the car feels different to drive, plus I figured out how to adjust the steering wheel so now I can see over it easier. How long have I had the car and I'm first figuring that out? Ah well, it's adjusted now. I took along the little cloth bag with the Into the Wind dishcloth in it and finished it while I waited. I also told Joe and Jenny about The Seaview and they both want copies. Hooray! Good thing I ordered a bunch.


Finishing the sock yesterday and the dishcloth today means that I need to find something else to knit--again. I could probably knit on the cap that I cast on meaning to take to The Clearing but then what would I knit there? I'll think of something.

I watched some of Queen Elizabeth II's funeral tonight on PBS. All that ceremony, all the regalia, it was really something. I was impressed with the pallbearers carrying the casket up the steps to the cathedral. It was kind of creepy watching the casket sink into the floor at the end.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your Lily of the Valley -- especially the leaves -- is one of your best. Those always remind me of home. Darn it about your books not coming in time for The Clearing. Just when you think it's all perfect, something happens. Still glad you're going.