Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Just a Woodpecker

I looked out this morning to see a Downy Woodpecker on the suet pellets and he stayed there long enough to get his picture taken. Hooray! Two Bluejays showed up on the platform feeder but flew away before I got the camera up, darn it.

 


The Stella d'Oro lilies seem to be taking turns sending up one blossom at a time. Here's today's entry.


I stuck with the You Can Draw In 30 Seconds! book to do the skill level challenges of the Tube lesson. I have long-suffering Alexa set the timer for me over and over so that I can test my skills and speed in the challenges. I'm not very good at getting the early ones done in 30 seconds or a minute but I try. 

 


I'm better at the "no time limit" ones. That was the case with this page of drawings. I cued up my audiobook and listened while I drew. It's a good system some days. Some days I like it quiet when I draw but today I wanted a story.


Today's toss was an old paper fan that's been sitting on my dresser for years. I have a collection of fans that I never look at anymore. I should take them to an antiques dealer to see if they're worth anything. One of these days.

I ran an errand to the birdseed store this morning only to find the parking lot torn up. Seems the staff didn't know that was happening and weren't happy but we customers managed to park and find our way into the store. Then I went to the grocery for bananas and grapes and a new 10-inch teflon frying pan because my old one looks like it's been through the wars. I tossed the old one too. I seem to visit the grocery a lot these days but bananas don't last long, do they?

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Grocery store is on my list today. Thursday was discount day back in Wilmington. Five percent off for us Seniors. No store down here does that. Publix has a very strong hold on the market. There's one on nearly every corner so no need to lure us in with a discount.