Thursday, September 8, 2022

Sorted

I had my post-cataract surgery appointment this morning (everything is great) and then I took my dilated eyeballs down to the library to sort books. Reading glasses helped immensely. I
was pleased to see a bunch of bags and piles of books to sort. In the hour that I worked I got through all the paper grocery bags of gardening books, the piles of books on the table in front, and two or three of the canvas bags of books. An hour's about my limit of sorting, especially when I have to shift fully packed boxes of books to the piles of boxes of sorted books. Those things are heavy, good thing there's a cart.



The next figure in the 3-D book was Queen Bean. She was easy and fun to draw. I realized today that I'm finding things easier to draw. Daily practice is paying off!


Then I pulled out the10-Steps: Everyday Things book and drew art supplies. Again it was easy and went well. Go, me! Watch, tomorrow's pictures will be a pain and need a lot of erasing.



The rosebud on Dad's rose has opened up. It's too tall for me to take a picture head on but I like the way it looks from the side too.


Below the rosebush this crazy chrysanthemum is just blooming away even though it's hot, sunny, and in the 80s these days. Last weekend was perfect--low humidity and temps in the 70s--that ended on Tuesday (which was why I mowed then) and it's been hot and sticky since then. I would like the heat and humidity to leave so that it'll be cool and dry when I'm at The Clearing in 17 more days.



I took another stab at painting an orange day lily today. It's okay. It's the right color and the fence color is right too. I should probably have added some leaves for more green. Ah well. It'll do.


The eye doc prescribed Xydra to see if we can't stop my eyes from burning and tearing a few times a day. The pharmacy called to tell me that a 90-day supply cost over $500 so did I want to start with a 30-day supply to see if it works. Yes, yes I did. The stuff better be amazing for that price. I start tomorrow. I'll report.

--Barbara

2 comments:

Aunt B said...

I love that rose. Suitable for framing. I hear you on the cost of the Rx. My heart doctor started me on Eliquis -- $500 for one month after insurance!!! I don't think so. Now I take Warfarin -- $3. Have to go in for a blood check once a month but to save nearly $500, I'll make the short drive. And besides that, the guy who does the blood check is cute!!

Sharon said...

Barbara, I'm in a know it all mood about prescriptions so I hope I don't offend you, I really mean this to be helpful. XIIDRA is brand new on the market so the Drug Company Pharmacy Reps are likely really pushing it when they visit eye doctors and doctors are clueless as to the patient cost. I had cataract surgery about 20 years ago and since then have occasionally have dry or burning eyes. This happens mostly in the summertime when the pollen counts are high. I use Zaditor, which used to be a prescription, but now can be purchased over the counter for significantly less the what you paid for XIIDRA. My optometrist agrees that it is a good product to use. Zaditor is also available in a generic, but I like the brand name product.