Saturday, September 17, 2022

Got It!

When I got up this morning the first thing I did was boot up the computer and check to see if the "Order Author Copies" button was live on Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing. And it was! Hallelujah! I fumbled to sit down and get my copies ordered tout suite. I sprung for 2-day shipping so that they'll arrive next Friday just before I leave for The Clearing. Yippee! Now I'll be praying that they arrive on time.



That way up high rosebud bloomed. I thought about pulling it down to my level to take its picture but liked the way the sunlight was shining on the petals and just took the picture as it stands way up high.


I got so excited about being able to order Author Copies of The Seaview that I spent the entire day rereading the Horizon manuscript and formatting it on KDP. I searched for free photos of the horizon online to use for the cover and found a perfect one, and then I found a couple quotes to use as epigraphs in the front matter. I am so tempted to declare it finished and press "Publish" but I know that I need to reread it at least once more to scout for typos and to make sure that I've updated all the tech references. I finished it in 2009 so lots has changed since then. I'm fixing it and then I'll shove it out there. Next month.



After supper I pulled out my sketchbook and Draw Like an Artist and drew this cormorant. I think the feathers turned out a bit better this time--or maybe the smudged shading over the whole thing hides a multitude of sins. I don't care. I like it.


The Amazon truck pulled up late this afternoon and delivered my new stick blender, a pack of blank booklets for the grandkids to write stories and draw in, and the copy of The Seaview that I ordered the first instant it was available. I couldn't wait. The cover photo is a bit pixelated but it looks good from a distance. I'll do better on the next book.


Today I tossed another sewing book.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Yippee!!! I can't wait for my copy of "The Seaview" to arrive. And then "Horizon" and next "Better Than Mom's" -- and don't you have a mystery somewhere in your repertoire? So many stories to share with the world.