Friday, September 9, 2022

Drawn

I had trouble finding time to draw today. This morning I went to the pharmacy for one of the new booster shots. I'm off to The Clearing in 2 weeks and want to ensure that I have the strongest resistance built up. My appointment was in the middle of the morning so I didn't really have time to draw before since I kind of fart around in the mornings and afterwards I got hooked on reading an old manuscript that I keep meaning to publish on Kindle but I have to get all the typos and errors out. Then I had my Friday Women's Spirit Zoom with writing friends but after that I finally settled down to draw.

The next lesson in the 30 Seconds book was pencil. I know it seems odd to make a whole lesson about drawing pencils but I confess that I struggle with perspective and angles drawing them pointing this way and that. These drawings are the first half of the skill levels. I'm saving the second half, the harder half for me, for tomorrow.



Next in Draw Like An Artist was a Sandpiper. I think it turned out okay but I seem to have the same difficulty drawing feathers as I do drawing or coloring fur. But I'll keep trying.


When I opened the drapes this morning this Downy Woodpecker was on the suet pellets posing ever so nicely. I couldn't resist taking a picture.



This past week I worked through knitting the heel of the Villasol Sock (I need to focus when I knit a heel so talking is out) so that all I had to do tonight was knit around and around working my way down the foot. This is about 5" of foot from the back of the heel and I need to get to 8" before starting the toe.


We talked a lot about food at knitting tonight. About cookies and tamales and squash soup and chocolate mousse cake. Now I want to eat it ALL. Instead I had a few plums which are good but not as satisfying as a handful of cookies. Oh well. I don't have any cookies so I'm saved. And I'm not making any.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I wanted Mexican food for dinner last night but was too lazy to make enchiladas myself so we had a Cuban sandwich instead. I doubt there are any Cuban restaurants in GB so take my word for it, it was delicious. So no cookies for me either.