Sunday, September 4, 2022

Dad's Rose

I looked out this morning and saw that another rosebud is getting ready to open. The other two flowers are pretty much done and ready to let the petals fall so this one is stepping up to blossom.



At the corner of the lot the pampas grass (or whatever kind of grass it is) is blooming too. I wonder if blooming is the right word for the tufts that are showing at the top of the stems. Whatever it's called I like it.


It was a drawing day. The next lesson in You Can Draw In 30 Seconds! was a flag. So many different ways to draw flags. I especially liked the family of penguins marching across the page but I only had room to draw the daddy penguin who was leading the parade. Maybe I'll draw Mama and Baby tomorrow.



Once I filled three pages with all of the different flags and scrolls, I pulled out Drawing Cute to find a moose and squirrel to draw. Moose and Squirrel! Remember Rocky and Bullwinkle? I'll have to look for them on YouTube.


I had a vague memory that I needed to make the leg of the sock an inch longer for the heel I planned to use, checked my notes in Ravelry, and found out my memory was correct. So that's what I knitted this evening. I got a few rounds into the heel but not enough for a picture.

It was so nice today--72, sunny and breezy--that I opened up the house and let real air come in. Then after supper I took a walk. I might even do that again tomorrow.

--Barbara

No comments: