Wednesday, September 21, 2022

A Visitor

I glanced out the patio door this afternoon and saw a gray and white shape up on the retaining wall. It was that cat that I've seen around a few times. When I first saw it today, its head was under the flowers but then it moved and sat there snoozing and grooming on the warm stones. I wonder whose cat it is or if it's just a feral cat that lives in the neighborhood and eats mice, which I am a big fan of.



One lonely orange day lily bloomed today. I don't expect to see many more of them now that autumn is upon us.


I got a shipment of birthday yarns and needles today. I forgot to take a group picture so I'll just show you one of the skeins of yarn. All of them are somewhere in the red family and this one is the flashiest. Can't wait to make something of it.

 


The pink sedum is still a bee magnet. I'm especially happy with this shot because it's so sharp that you can see the flower parts.


I'm still working my way through the skill levels of the Steps lesson in the 30 Seconds book. This one was an untimed challenge to draw a castle of steps with ramps and scoops, windows and arches. It was pretty fun to draw.



This evening I watched a little TV and knitted a bit on the Summer Fields cap. I'm loving the colors of this yarn but I'm afraid that the cap will be done before I go to The Clearing on Saturday. Last year I took knitting and didn't knit so maybe it won't be a problem. I'll find something, maybe just another cap. It's a fun pattern and I have more yarn like this in other colors.


I was determined not to spend the day glued to the computer screen and I did okay. I paid a few bills online and ordered a copy of Horizon to come quickly and a bunch of author's copies to come after I get home from TC on October 1. Then I folded a basket of laundry, did two loads of new laundry (I wanted to pack a shirt that was dirty), and started packing for my week away. I can't decide if it's going to be cool or warm so I've packed short sleeved shirts and long sleeved shirts that I can layer, plus a hoodie and a fleece. Oh, and a windbreaker for if it rains. Sheesh. You'd think I was going to be gone for a month with all the packing agonizing I did today.

Today's toss was a bag of fabric I ran across in the basement when I was digging for a small plastic bottle to put shampoo in to take along. I don't know where the fabric came from but out it goes.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Love all those little faces peeking out from your castle. Fun to look at.