Tuesday, September 13, 2022

A Sunny Day!

 After three days of clouds and rain today was a sunny day. It cheered me right up. Seeing this Bluejay on the fence in back and having my "hail mary" shot be clear rather than blurry cheered me up too.



Just before I finished yoga a Downy Woodpecker showed up so I shortened my last pose to snap a photo of him. It was almost time to be done, honest.


I spent most of the day back here finishing the next reread and line edit of Island Dreams. For as many times as I've read through this thing lately I'm amazed that I keep finding typos to correct and contractions to contract. I did manage to open a blank document and tried my hand at some new writing, seeing if I couldn't figure out how to end the darned book. I've got nearly 82k words, you'd think I'd be coming to The End one of these days.


So it wasn't until after supper that I pulled out my sketchbook and tackled the timed skill levels at the end of the Blocks lesson from yesterday. I managed to get through half of them before I ran out of paper and steam.



But in the morning I got out my watercolors and tried my hand at painting a version of the Seaview, the beach hotel from one of my novels. I went on the website Fiverr looking for a freelance artist/designer to design a book cover for me. I sent a description of what I want and included a photo and a drawing. What I got back was a thatched-roof bungalow on a beach. Not what I was looking for but when I replied asking for a different design all I've heard is silence. Guess I need to look at another freelancer. Anyway here's my poor attempt at a painting.


Since I finished the Big Wool hat the other day and the Teal Meadow washcloth I was thinking I needed another washcloth on the needles so I searched out a simple free pattern, dug up some yarn, and cast on. It's hard to see in the picture but it has a zigzag pattern or it will when it's farther along.


Today I loaded the tosses into the back of the car but I didn't go to Goodwill. Maybe tomorrow.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Glad the sun finally came out for you. A sunny day can change your mood, especially after two days of rain. Maybe you have a snapshot somewhere from your times diving that will inspire what Seaview should look like.