Sunday, September 11, 2022

Now It's Raining

It was cloudy and drizzly all day and started to really rain like it was supposed to in the afternoon. I just threw something out in the garage and heard raindrops on the roof. So we're finally getting the flowers watered. I went out this afternoon to take a few flower pictures and you can see that it had rained a bit by the drops on the Stella d'Oro lily, the only one blooming. I have eleven plants across the back retaining wall and only one is blooming.



I managed to snap a picture of a Chickadee trying to open a seed at the feeder. Those little birds are so fast it's hard to catch them sitting still. This isn't the greatest picture but it'll do.


The next figure in the 3-D book was Question Queue which is nothing more than a line of blocky question marks. I tried to draw the lines like in the book but got the perspective all screwed up. I managed better just winging it on the fourth one in line.



Next in 10-Steps: Nature was Toadstools. They were fun to draw and fun to color with colored pencils. I'm going to be sorry when this book ends but maybe I'll just go back to the beginning and work my way through again. Can't hurt.


Yesterday I got an email from Knit Picks extolling the virtues of their new super-bulky yarn and they offered free patterns to knit with it. I didn't care for any of the colors but I liked the pattern and have plenty of yarn to knit with so I put the pattern in my library and dug out some fancy wool yarn I got at Goodwill a few years ago. I cast on the hat this morning and ended up finishing it after supper. Big needles + big yarn = a fast hat.

 


I grabbed a handful of baby carrots to cook at suppertime and found this three-legged mutant among them. I ate it.


It was hard for me to resist signing up for another watercolor class that's going on at The Clearing this week. I could afford it but my jeans can't. Since I'm going in 2 weeks and will be at the mercy of the food that they serve I can't eat that way two weeks in one month. Two weeks in a year, yes. Two weeks in a month, no. But I can't get it out of my mind that I could be up there with my paints getting another week's instruction. I'll be alright.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I applaud your willpower resisting the week at The Clearing. Maybe there'll be another painting class in six months and you can go then. Your mushrooms are my favorite today. Really perfect.