Monday, September 5, 2022

Monday is Laundry Day

I didn't plan it but when I sent a hoodie down the laundry chute it didn't fall far so I figured that it was time to do the wash. So I did. It came to four loads and I had to fold the sheets that I'd left in the dryer since I changed them the other day. Folding sheets by yourself is a challenge, especially king size sheets. There are no pictures.

While the wash flung itself around downstairs I got out my sketchbook, pencil, and colored pencils and had a little drawing session. The next figure in the 3-D book was called Queasy Quagmire. I have no idea what that means. His drawing was a lot more complex than mine turned out to be but I think I got the essence of it down on paper.



Then I pulled out a book called Draw Like an Artist that I don't use very often. It's taken me a while to learn to read the pictures to see what to draw next. The newly added lines are a little bolder than the previous ones. The next picture was a gull. I think it turned out okay.


And next in 10-Steps: Nature was a black bear. It too turned out okay. I'm not very good at coloring fur. I think my strokes are too long but it's not bad. It looks like a bear.



The flowers on one of the sedums are really blooming. I'm not such a fan of pink but I like the way it looks with the light green of the leaves. 


Once the laundry was done I sat down and worked on the heel of the Villasol Sock. You can tell that I'm increasing because the colors have spread out and pooled. I'm hoping that they come back into line when I get back to the foot because I like the little dashes of color down the leg.



I saw a flash of brown and turned to find this little Wren hopping around on the patio. I got the camera up and ready and it fluttered up to perch on this rock. I haven't seen a Wren in a while so was glad to see this one.


Today's toss was Durwood's old shooting vest. I brushed up against it when I was sorting wash and heard it crinkle. I was going to donate it to Goodwill but when I took it off the hanger I saw that the back pocket was evidently rubber lined and the rubber had dried out and cracked. That means that the vest is no good for its intended purposed so into the trash it went.

DS, DIL1, LC, and OJ invited me over for a birthday supper tonight. They made grilled squash with Korean bulgogi burgers with kimchi mayo. OMG, it was all so good, the burgers were spectacular, juicy and tasty. DIL1 made a chocolate mousse cake for dessert and everyone sang. There were homemade cards from the kiddos, a bag of goodies from Penzeys spices from DIL1's folks, and an Amazon gift card for art supplies or books or whatever I want. It was a great evening.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

What a great little birthday party you had at the kids' house. That menu sounds really special. Nice to have a chef in the family.