Friday, April 1, 2022

All Yesterday's Snow Melted

Today it was sunny and almost all of the snow that was on the ground  when I got up had melted by the time the sun was going down (except in the shady places). You can see in this Robin picture that we had enough snow last night to cover the grass. That's all gone now. I love watching Robins get a drink, they're so dainty, but when they take a bath all bets are off. They splash around like it's the first time they've been in water. Crazy.



The daily art page asked what word you want to describe the rest of your year. I wrote "Art" because I want to keep drawing and painting every day. It makes me feel good.


Today's figure in the 3-D book was Idea Encyclopedia which turned out to be a big book with long bookmarks coming out of it. It was easy to draw and satisfying.



The watercolor today is a different story. I'm not so satisfied with the way this yellow lily turned out and I don't know what I could have done to make it better. Maybe if I'd drawn the outline with a fine line pen?


Friday Night Knitting wasn't satisfying either. I did manage to finish the toe cap that I started last week and cast on another one but my internet was extremely unstable so I kept freezing, getting kicked off, and having to log back in. That was frustrating and I missed a lot of the conversation, and it's my only weekly opportunity for casual conversation.


DS had his sinus surgery today and I got to take him and pick him up. DIL1 had to work and then open the taproom so I got the transport job. It seemed like everything went well. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

My fingers crossed too that DS comes through with flying colors. I'm sure he will. Love your Encyclopedia of Ideas drawing. And, of course, the robin. How can you not love a robin??? Especially this time of year.