Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Sunshine

For at least part of the day we had sunshine and it wasn't too chilly to go with it. Thank heavens. The Downy Woodpeckers visited the feeders today. I caught the female on the tube feeder and missed the male on the suet pellets but was glad to see them both. The Red-bellied Woodpecker male was here for a split second but was gone before I could take a picture, was gone almost before I saw it.



I started the "J" lesson in the 3-D book which means that I got to draw 5 different iterations of the letter J. I still don't have much luck drawing the puffy one but I've got sixteen more chances to get it right.


Then I pulled out the 10-Step Nature book. The next figure was a Carolina Wren and I used my new colored pencils to color it in.



Today's watercolor isn't bad. It's a reef scene that I took in Bonaire. These are soldierfish that sleep in the reef crannies during the day and come out at night to slurp up tiny fish


I talked to another roofer yesterday. He said he'd stop by this evening between 5:30 and 6:00 to check on my roof leak. I'm still waiting for him to show up. That's the second roofer that said he'd be here and didn't show. Back to the Yellow Pages. Maybe I'll post asking for recommendations on Nextdoor.  This is frustrating.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Bummer about the no-show roofers. You'd think those guys would be eager for work but maybe everyone is having roof problems. Hope you get yours solved soon. Love the Carolina Wren. Any wren is always a favorite of mine.