Sunday, April 24, 2022

Daffodils!

My daffodils are blooming. I looked out the window earlier and a rabbit was sitting by one of them so I flung the window open and hollered at the rabbit not to eat it. Didn't scare it away, it didn't even move, so I grabbed the camera and went out to take a picture of the daffodils. That scared the rabbit away. Good riddance.



I wasn't fast enough to snap a picture of this Mourning Dove taking a bath. Mourning Doves are very sedate bathers. No energetic flinging themselves around in the water like Robins, they dip and flutter. Very ladylike.


It was nice outside today, nice and warm but windy. I went out and swept off the patio, then I cleaned out a bunch of broken pots, loading up the trash bin for Wednesday pickup. After washing my hands I took my sketchbook outside and tried to draw the birds that came to the feeders. I didn't do such a great job, the birds didn't stay long enough for me to get a good look at them, but I enjoyed the attempt. A dragonfly zoomed by so I included it in the mix.



The daily art page today had a row of three diamonds and said to continue the pattern using different materials. I used colored pencils (of course I did, I'm addicted to them), crayons, markers, and confetti crayons. This is not great art but it was fun to do.


Then I turned to the next page in the 10-Step Nature book to find a Robin to draw but not a North American Robin, a European Robin so it looks a bit different but it was still a fun challenge.


Today's toss was one of my watercolor books. It has a very precise and realistic style and I want to learn the smooshy and impressionistic style but can't figure it out on my own. That's why I'm taking the class.

I had a small assistant this morning for a couple hours. We took a walk to the nearest park only to discover that they'd removed the play equipment and paved a parking lot. I ask you. So we hopped in the car and went to two other parks where he ran around playing on all of the climbing structures. Then we came home and drew and colored. A very enjoyable morning.

Oh, and it turns out that I will know someone at The Clearing when I'm there for watercolor. I know the Poetry teacher and her husband will be in painting class with me. Hooray!

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Love the Mourning Dove all fluffed up after her bath. And of course, the daffodils. That yellow just screams Spring!